- Includes new chapters on Cancer Metabolism and Clinical Trial Designs in Oncology and a standalone chapter on lifestyles and cancer prevention.
- Features extensive updates including the latest clinical practice guidelines, decision-making algorithms, and clinical trial implications, as well as new content on precision medicine, genetics, and PET/CT imaging.
- Includes revised diagnostic and treatment protocols for medical management, surgical considerations, and radiation oncology therapies, stressing a multispecialty, integrated approach to care.
- Helps you find information quickly with updated indexing related to management recommendations, focused fact summaries, updated key points at the beginning of each chapter ideal for quick reference and board review, and algorithms for patient evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment options.
- Offers more patient care coverage in disease chapters, plus new information on cancer as a chronic illness and cancer survivorship.
- Discusses today’s key topics such as immuno-oncology, functional imaging, precision medicine, the application of genetics in pathologic diagnosis and sub-categorization of tumors as well as the association of chronic infectious diseases such as HIV and cancer.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.