- Bio-psycho-social model provides a solid learning framework that is emphasized throughout the text.
- Self-awareness prompts in every chapter challenge you to examine your own beliefs and attitudes about caring for mentally ill clients.
- Multiple-choice, NCLEX®-style questions for review and exam preparation include correct and incorrect answers with rationales.
- An array of knowledge enhancing featuresfrom Internet resources to Key Terms, Key Concepts, and recurring icons that highlight each step of nursing diagnosis and managementensure that you never miss a step.
- Critical thinking questions and learning activities put your problem-solving abilities to the test.
New to the Seventh Edition…
- New chapter on forensic nursing helps you build the observational and investigative abilities key to this evolving area of nursing practice.
- New content on spirituality, added to the chapter on cultural and ethical issues, will help you build more effective therapeutic relationships with clients.
- Updated psychopharmacological material includes critical information on the latest drugs, their treatment applications, and limitationsplus summary tables that highlight the major drugs used for each disorder.
- The latest diagnostic criteria reflect DSM-IV-TR standards.
- Evidence-Based Practice Boxes throughout the text stress the value of research findings in guiding treatment choices.