Highlights of the 15th Edition:
- A comprehensive A-to-Z guide to current nursing diagnoses includes the most recent diagnoses approved by NANDA International.
- Nursing Interventions Classifications (NIC) and Nursing Outcomes Classifications (NOC) are listed for every NANDA-I diagnosis; NANDA-I diagnoses have been updated.
- Author’s Notes and Errors in Diagnostic Statements help students understand the concept behind the diagnosis, differentiate one diagnosis from another, and avoid diagnostic errors.
- “Carp’s Cues” appear throughout and consist of notes from the author to emphasize a certain principle of care, a controversial issue, or an ethical challenge.
- Key Concepts and Interventions are grouped by specific population–older adult, child, maternal, and transcultural–to help clarify the differences between the client groups.
- Section 3: Manual of Collaborative Problems shows how to integrate nursing care and diagnosis with the efforts of other healthcare professionals for optimum care of the client.
- A Nursing Diagnosis Index provides an at-a-glance, alphabetical reference that makes finding diagnoses quick and easy.