- Comprehensive contemporary overview of oral and maxillofacial pathology includes a brief description of each individual lesion or pathologic condition and the kind of pathologic process that it represents, followed by a discussion of its clinical and/or radiographic presentation, histopathologic features, and its treatment and prognosis.
- Over 1,400 radiographs and full-color clinical photos facilitate the identification and classification of lesions and disease states.
- Up-to-date concepts of pathogenesis and disease management help you understand the diseases that affect oral and maxillofacial structures, formulate an accurate diagnosis, and institute proper treatment.
- Logical organization by body system or disease process makes it easy to look up specific conditions.
- Comprehensive appendix on differential diagnosis organizes disease entities according to their most prominent or identifiable clinical features, helping you find and formulate differential diagnoses.
- Information on forensic dentistry, methamphetamine, and gene mutations addresses some of today’s leading topics in oral pathology research.
- Differential diagnosis case studies on the Evolve companion website include correct answers and rationales, offering more opportunities to improve your identification skills and diagnostic competency.
- NEW cutting-edge content includes pathologies and conditions such as localized juvenile spongiotic gingival hyperplasia, oral lesions associated with cosmetic fillers, oropharyngeal carcinomas related to human papillomavirus (HPV), IgG4-related disease and mammary analogue secretory carcinomas, Globodontia, Lobodontia, Leishmaniasis, and Xanthelasma.
- Over 130 NEW full-color photos and over 40 NEW radiographs bring common and uncommon disease states more clearly to life.