To be as clinically relevant as possible, the book includes sections that specifically address the clinical choice and use of drugs in patients and the monitoring of their effects, and case studies that introduce clinical problems in many chapters. Presented in full color and enhanced by more than three hundred illustrations (many new to this edition), Basic & Clinical Pharmacology features numerous summary tables and diagrams that encapsulate important information.
• Student-acclaimed summary tables conclude each chapter
• Everything students need to know about the science of pharmacology and its application to clinical practice
• Strong emphasis on drug groups and prototypes
• NEW! 100 new drug tables
• Includes 330 full-color illustrations, case studies, and chapter-ending summary tables
• Organized to reflect the syllabi of pharmacology courses
• Descriptions of important new drugs.